Take a Closer Look at Silver&Fit
Exercise and Healthy Aging Program provides services to Medicare beneficiaries and group retirees who want to improve their quality of life by exercising more. This, in turn, may help them lower their risk for heart disease, strokes, and other chronic conditions; cope with existing medical issues; prepare for medical procedures; and prevent falls.
Silver&Fit members have access to:
- No-cost memberships at a comprehensive Silver&Fit-contracted network of fitness facilities and exercise centers. Annual low copayment plans are also available.
- The Silver&Fit Home Exercise Program for those who are unable to participate at a fitness facility or prefer to work out at home.
- Optional programs such as senior-based exercise classes including varying levels of intensity, including Zumba Gold
dance, yoga, strength training, aqua exercise, fall prevention, and tai chi exercise for seniors, and a Fitness Advisor at some of the fitness clubs.
- SilverandFit.com, a website with a variety of health tools and resources, and specifically designed for Silver&Fit members.
The Silver Slate
, a quarterly newsletter.
- A toll-free customer service hotline to answer questions about the program.
Health plans may enhance their Silver&Fit program by offering Medicare beneficiaries the following products:
- Silver&Fit Connected!™ wireless technology that allows member to automatically upload their exercise data to SilverandFit.com
- Personal Trainer Services
- Out-of-Network Fitness Club/Exercise Center Membership Program
For more information about Silver&Fit and other products and services offered by American Specialty Health, please contact a National Sales Manager at 800.848.3555 or visit
Not all products and services are available in all areas.