Terms & Conditions
USE OF THIS AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH (ASH) WEB SITE IS STRICTLY SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT.
THE WEB SITES OF ASH ARE NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR SYMPTOMS OR SITUATION IS LIFE-THREATENING, CALL 911 OR YOUR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SYSTEM IMMEDIATELY.
- Agreement. Please read this user agreement carefully before using this Web site. This agreement explains the terms and conditions governing usage of the ASH Web site, and it is your responsibility to read and understand them. By using this ASH Web site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use this Web site.
- General Information Disclaimer. ASH does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the completeness or usefulness, or the accuracy or quality of any information presented on this ASH Web site. While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, the information is subject to change without notice and cannot be guaranteed to be current.
- Medical Information Disclaimer. The information on this ASH Web site is of a general nature and is intended for educational purposes only. The information available on this ASH Web site should not be used as a substitute for professional medical care for the prevention, diagnosis, or treatment of health problems.
Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS ASH WEB SITE AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ASH AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS ASH WEB SITE, YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION, DATA, OR OTHER MATERIAL TRANSMITTED THROUGH OR RESIDING ON THIS WEB SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ASH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ASH, ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS FROM LOSSES OR DAMAGES YOU SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS ASH WEB SITE.
- You should consult with your physician or pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter drugs (including any herbal medicines or dietary supplements) or following any treatment or regimen. Only your personal physician or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for you.
- The information on this ASH Web site should not be used as a substitute for the diagnosis and advice of your health care professional.
- Nothing on this Web site is to be interpreted as advocating the self-management of your health and medical condition(s) or those of your family.
- The information contained herein has been devised without reference to cultural, dietary, societal language, or prescribing or dispensing conditions, other than those of the United States, which might affect the information provided.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND ASH AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTY, OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS ASH WEB SITE.
Advertisers. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or providers of products or services found on or through this or any other ASH Web site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and such advertiser or provider. You agree that ASH shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or providers on this ASH Web site.
Links. Third-party Web sites linked to this ASH Web site are not under the control of ASH, and ASH is not responsible for the content of any linked Web site or any link contained in a linked Web site, or any changes or updates to such Web sites. ASH provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply a financial or business relationship, or endorsement by ASH of the Web site or its products or services. ASH is not responsible for any activities that you may engage in on any linked Web site, including without limitation, purchase of products or services.
Not Intended for Minors. This ASH Web site is not designed or intended for use by minors. You must be an individual, 18 years of age or older, to use this ASH Web site.
Changes to This Agreement. ASH may change the terms of this user agreement from time to time. By continuing to use the Web site after we post any such changes, you accept the user agreement as modified. You can always find the current version of the user condition by following the Terms and Conditions link.
Copyright. You may download material displayed on this Web site for noncommercial, personal use only, including showing the print-out to your personal physician or pharmacist, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, transfer, or use any content or information of this Web site for public or commercial purposes without ASH's prior written permission.
Trademarks. ASH is a federally registered trademark of American Specialty Health, Incorporated. Any logos and trademarks appearing throughout the ASH Web site belong to ASH, its affiliates, or third party trademark owners, and are protected by U.S. and international trademark laws. Without ASH's express prior written permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner the ASH logos or trademarks. Nothing on this ASH Web site shall be construed as conferring any license or other rights under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of ASH, its affiliates, or any third party, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. All contents of this ASH Web site are: Copyright © 2004, American Specialty Health, Inc. or its licensors. All rights reserved.
Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold ASH and its affiliates and licensors harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, related to your violation of this agreement or any activity by you on this Web site.
Governing Law. This user agreement shall be construed, governed by, and enforced solely and exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions of your actual state or country of residence. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of this user agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of the agreement will continue in full force and effect. You hereby agree that the courts located in the State of California, USA, will constitute the sole and exclusive forum for the resolution of any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement and you hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts and irrevocably waive any objections thereto.
Entire Agreement. This user agreement constitutes the entire and final agreement between you and ASH with respect to this subject and replaces any and all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter. Any waiver of any provision of the user agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by ASH.