.NET Career Opportunities in South Carolina
From our corporate-casual dress code to paid vacation and holidays to company-sponsored social activities, ASH provides excellent benefits and incentives. Some of the many benefits... read more
Bachelor's degree in an IT or computer related field. Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in software development. Must have strong hands-on experience with OOP and Design... read more
Finding a job that fulfills us is often a difficult task. We want to make good wages, be successful, and make a difference.
It’s time to find meaning in what you do!
At American Specialty Health, one of the nation’s premier health services organizations, our mission is to “empower individuals to live healthier and longer.” We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one our growing Information Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals.
As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
From our corporate-casual dress code to paid vacation and holidays to company-sponsored social activities, ASH provides excellent benefits and incentives. Some of the many benefits offered by ASH include:
What makes American Specialty Health such an awesome place to work? There are MANY perks, including:
- A centrally located office in downtown Columbia, in the ITology building – beautiful view of the USC campus.
- $8,000 referral bonus
- Massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, and other unique health benefits
- Healthyroads Coaching® for Weight Management, Tobacco Cessation, and Healthy Living at no cost to employees
- Membership to the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center at USC
- Access to USC library and campus events
- An onsite workout room, showers, and locker room
- Incentives program -- employees can receive up to $600 a year ($150 per quarter) for reaching specific physical activity goals using a wireless accelerometer or a Polar heart rate monitor
- Corporate awards ceremony for employees, featuring an awards presentation that honors ASH employees
- Holiday and employee health challenges with fun incentives
- Sports sponsorships
- Wellness committee
In addition to our more unique health care benefits, we provide employees with a wide array of more traditional benefits. They include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Matching 401(k) savings and retirement plan
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Paid personal time off to be used for vacation, sick time, etc.
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Public transportation reimbursement (up to $75 per month)
- Free Parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible health care spending account
- Software training classes
- Monthly seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Explore our website to find out more about our company, our values, and our open positions. Start changing lives—and your idea of "work"—today!
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in software development.
- Must have strong hands-on experience with OOP and Design Patterns within large enterprise level applications.
- Must have a strong eye for overall application efficiency, scalability and extensibility.
- Experience with .NET 2.0/3.5, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX, and JQuery.
- Experience with MS SQL 2005/2008 including stored procedures and table design.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile environment including the Scrum SDLC.
- Experience mentoring junior developers on the team.
American Specialty Health, Inc. offers cash bonuses to employees who refer candidates for certain positions. In South Carolina, eligible positions include .NET Programmer and senior .NET Programmer.
The first step is to become an ASH employee! You can then begin referring other candidates following these directions.
Candidate should be directed here to submit their resume and complete an online application. Candidate will be prompted twice during the application process for information regarding their referral.
The following criteria must be met to qualify for a cash bonus:
- Candidate must select “Employee Referral” when asked how they heard about the position.
- Candidate must list Employee’s Name when asked who they were referred by.
- Candidate hasn't interviewed with ASH in the last six months.
- Candidate is not a temporary employee at ASH, currently or in the last six months.
- Candidate is not a former ASH employee.
- Candidate is hired by ASH and completes his/her introductory period.
- Employee is still working for ASH when referred employee completes his/her introductory period.