Information Security Specialist I
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Information Security Specialist I. This position will support the enterprise information security program by preparing and conducting audits of the information systems environment and associated business processes in the pursuit of maintaining and/or exceeding compliance requirements. This person will support our robust data center working with cutting edge technology in a healthcare environment.
- Tracking, analyzing, and developing process and project documentation.
- Creates workflows, process diagrams, and process documentation as directed.
- Develops and conducts monthly and quarterly access control analysis.
- Presents analysis findings to product and/or business owners for operational improvement and implementation of new processes.
- Collaborates with the ESP team and IT departments on project implementations and streamlining security processes.
- Escalates issues to management for resolution.
- Assists ESP management with ongoing business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Recognizes unique or problem situations within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Researches and formulates solutions and makes recommendations to business owners.
- Tracks and proactively communicates due dates related but not limited to policies, procedures, awareness training, audits, assessments, and RFP responses.
- Assists in tracking and analyzing metrics and measures that provide input into dashboards, key performance indicators (KPIs) and balanced scorecards.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field, such as Information Security (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Management of Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 5 years of experience in project management, business analysis, IT, information security or IT audit.
- CISA certification preferred.
- Experience with information technology auditing techniques.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, skills.
- Strong ability to properly prioritize and deliver on multiple initiatives.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Familiarity with risk and security management frameworks (e.g. HITRUST, ISO, NIST, COBIT) preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and PCI Data Security Standard preferred.
- Able to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.